The lifesaving role of accurate hurricane prediction and preparation
Read Online
Share

The lifesaving role of accurate hurricane prediction and preparation hearing before the Subcommittee on Disaster Prevention and Prediction of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, United States Senate, One Hundred Ninth Congress, first session, September 20, 2005 by United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Subcommittee on Disaster Prevention and Prediction

  • 165 Want to read
  • ·
  • 77 Currently reading

Published by U.S. G.P.O., For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O. in Washington .
Written in English

Subjects:

  • Hurricane Katrina, 2005,
  • Forecasting,
  • Hurricane protection,
  • Hurricanes

Book details:

Edition Notes

Shipping list no.: 2011-0366-P.

SeriesS. hrg -- 109-1137
Classifications
LC ClassificationsKF26 .C6932 2005c
The Physical Object
Paginationiii, 73 p. :
Number of Pages73
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL25275256M
ISBN 100160890055
ISBN 109780160890055
LC Control Number2011506813
OCLC/WorldCa733323781

Download The lifesaving role of accurate hurricane prediction and preparation

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

THE LIFESAVING ROLE OF ACCURATE HURRICANE PREDICTION AND PREPARATION TUESDAY, SEPTEM U.S. SENATE, SUBCOMMITTEE ON DISASTER PREVENTION AND PREDICTION, COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE, SCIENCE, AND TRANSPORTATION, Washington, DC. The Subcommittee met, pursuant to notice, at p.m. in room SD–, Dirksen Senate Office .   The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Disaster Prevention and Prediction held a hearing on the lifesaving role of accurate hurricane prediction. Chairman Senator DeMint. Discover the best Storm Surge books and audiobooks. Learn from Storm Surge experts like Scribd Government Docs and U.S. Naval Research Laboratory. Read Storm Surge books like SENATE HEARING, TH CONGRESS - THE LIFESAVING ROLE OF ACCURATE HURRICANE PREDICTION AND PREPARATION and ADvanced CIRCulation (ADCIRC) Toolset for free with a free day trial. Lifesaving Role of Accurate Hurricane Prediction and Preparation: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Disaster Prevention and Prediction of the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, United States Senate, One Hundred Ninth Congress, First Session, Septem [open pdf - 4 MB]. From the opening statement of E. Benjamin Nelson: "The National Weather Service .

Discover the best National Weather Service books and audiobooks. Learn from National Weather Service experts like Scribd Government Docs and Gary Alan Fine. Read National Weather Service books like SENATE HEARING, TH CONGRESS - THE LIFESAVING ROLE OF ACCURATE HURRICANE PREDICTION AND PREPARATION and Authors of the Storm with a free trial. An above-normal Atlantic hurricane season is expected, according to forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service. The outlook predicts a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. The lifesaving role of accurate hurricane prediction and preparation: hearing before the Subcommittee on Disaster Shipping list no.: P. Contributor: United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.   Table 1 describes the consensus preparation checklist from radiation oncologists in Puerto Rico and can be adapted for other disasters and locations. Many books and online resources on emergency preparedness are available, including , which has a section on hurricane preparedness. Of note, the recommended minimum 3 days of supplies.

Protect windows with permanent storm shutters or invest in one-half inch marine plywood that is pre-cut to fit your doors and windows. Identify a place to store lawn furniture, toys, gardening tools and trash cans (away from stairs and exits) to prevent them from being moved by . He can make a fairly accurate prediction for the weather up to a week in advance, and yet, with all of this early warning, the coast still sustains a lot of damage whenever a hurricane comes through because there is simply no time to fully prepare. A meteorologist can only make a .   The Atlantic hurricane season is predicted to be more active than usual, according to an outlook released Thursday by NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a . Hurricane Katrina had a significant impact on many sectors of the region’s “critical infrastructure,” especially the energy sector. 72 The Hurricane temporarily caused the shutdown of most crude oil and natural gas production in the Gulf of Mexico as well as much of the refining capacity in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.